Burning and Safety Instructions
So you purchased a new Soy Candle and you want to get the most bang for your buck while burning your candle safely. Follow the steps below for best practices:
- Canapa Candle wicks are pre trimmed, that means they are ready to light and burn right out of the box.
- Candles have a memory. Yep, you read that right. Because of this, that very first magical burn is the most important. When you light your new candle, don't let it burn for more than 4 hours but let it burn for at least an hour or two until you see that there is a full melt pool.
- Having a full melt pool during that first burn is key to enjoying the most beautiful burns moving forward. So burn baby burn!
- Don't forget to place your candle in a space where nothing in its path will overheat or become a fire hazard. Always burn your candle in a supervised space, don't leave your candle burn unattended.
- Try to keep your candle burning away from any drafts or vents. These airflows will cause the candle to flicker or dance and this can cause excess sooting and cause a bit of a funny burn. Do your best with it in the space you have.
- When you put the candle out, don't use water or cover it up. Gently blow out the candle. If you cover the candle to extinguish it, this will cause sooting and dirty looking candle.
- Enjoy & be safe!